Board of Directors
The Development Bank of Samoa (DBS) provides credit financing to development projects intended to trigger economic activity. This includes channelling government-directed concessionary credit for development and relief purposes.
DBS is subject to the:
- Development Bank of Samoa Act 2010
- Public Bodies (Performance and Accountability) Act 2001
- Public Bodies (Performance and Accountability) Amendment Act 2015
- Public Bodies (Performance and Accountability) Act Regulations 2002 and
- Composition of Boards of Public Bodies Act 2012.
DBS is governed by a board of directors that is responsible to the Minister of Public Enterprises.
Community Service Obligations
DBS delivers community service obligations (CSOs) in the form of concessionary credit facilities as directed by government, but does not receive direct compensation for these CSOs.
|(ST ‘000)||2013||2014||2015||5-yr Average|
|Net Profit After Tax||-2,887||-4,555||-1,644||-2,275|
|Cash / Current liabilities||1.180||3.932||N/A||N/A|
- DBS annual accounts
- DBS statement of corporate intent