Board of Directors
Vaatuitui Apete Meredith (Chair)
Samau Ieru Lokeni
Tuala Pat Leota
Solialofi Vaipou Harry Porter
Tuala Tommy Stancil
Samoa Roy Lee
The Samoa Airport Authority (SAA) is a State-owned Enterprise established in 1984 and restructured under the Samoa Airport Authority Act 2012 to manage Samoa’s airports. It currently manages 3 airports: Faleolo International Airport, Maota Airport, Savaii Island and Asau Airport, Savaii Island.
SAA is also subject to the:
- Public Bodies (Performance and Accountability) Act 2001
- Public Bodies (Performance and Accountability) Amendment Act 2015
- Public Bodies (Performance and Accountability) Act Regulations 2002
- Composition of Boards of Public Bodies Act 2012.
- Civil Aviation Act 1998
- Civil Aviation Rules (CARs) & Regulations 2000
- Civil Aviation Amendment Regulations 2013
SAA is governed by a board of directors that is responsible to the Minister of Public Enterprises.
Vision and Mission
SAA’s vision is “To be the most efficient, safe and secure Small Island State Airport in airport operations in the Region”. Its mission is “To comply fully with all applicable standards and practices to sustain and enhance effective service delivery”.
Community Service Obligations
SAA does not receive CSO funding to operate the two non-commercial airports at Savaii, but cross-subsidizes these operations from profits at Faleolo.
|(ST ‘000)||2013||2014||2015||5-yr Average|
|Net Profit After Tax||1,102||650||630||-93|
|Cash / Current liabilities||1.510||1.384||N/A||N/A|
- SAA annual accounts